ABOUT Drum hill Chapter

About

 

The Drum Hill Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) was organized in 1957.

 

The Drum Hill Chapter DAR is named after an area of land (presently in Wilton) granted in 1689 by Norwalk to Jonathan and Joseph Blackwell and William Lees. It was used for keeping their drums in good repair in order to summon residents to assemble.

 

Today, the Drum Hill Chapter represents the towns of Wilton, Ridgefield, Redding, and Weston.