Drum Hill Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR)
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), founded in 1890 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women's service organization, dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history and historical properties, and securing America's future through better education for our children. The Drum Hill Chapter NSDAR also is involved in raising funds for local scholarships.
The Drum Hill Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) was organized in 1957 and is named after an area of land (presently in Wilton) granted in 1689 by Norwalk to Jonathan and Joseph Blackwell and William Lees. It was used for keeping their drums in good repair in order to summon residents to assemble.