Local Places of Interest:
- Ambler Farm in Wilton, CT.
- Keeler Tavern in Ridgefield, CT
- Putnam Park in Redding, CT
- Weir Farm National Historic Site in Wilton, CT
- Wilton Historical Society in Wilton, CT.
In the state, Connecticut DAR owns and operates three important historic sites which are open to the public:
- Ellsworth Homestead in Windsor is the home of Oliver Ellsworth, Connecticut’s first U.S. Senator, a Supreme Court Justice, and a framer of the Constitution.
- Gov. Jonathon Trumbull House in Lebanon, CT is on the National Register of Historic Landmarks. It is the home of John Trumbull, America’s first Patriot Artist.
- Wadsworth Stable in Lebanon, CT. (Washington’s horse slept here!) Rebuilt about 1820, the stable is a rare example of Palladian architecture.